How to connect VPS through Remote Desktop Program (RDP)?
After completing payment and activating your VPS you will receive an email. You need to take note of the following VPS details:
1. Your Server IP address : It can be like: 184.108.40.206
2. Username – *Administrator
3. Password – *F4857457
*Information displayed is an example and will be used as an illustration for this tutorial
Step 1: Open Remote Desktop Connection on your PC by clicking on Start and Search for “Remote Desktop Connection”
Step 2: Copy and Paste your Server IP address into the Computer field and click Connect
Step 3: Type User Name Administrator and your VPS password. Check the box to remember the password and click Ok
Step 4: Check the box – “Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer” and Click Yes
You should now be presented with a Windows Desktop with a blue background.
Installing Remote Desktop Connection on Mac OS X?
- On your OS X computer, go to Microsoft’s webpage for the Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac OS X: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12
- Click on Download Now to download the file.
- If your browser asks you what to do with this file, tell it to save the file. If your browser automatically opens the file with Stuffit, skip to step 5.
- After the file finishes downloading, go to the location the file was downloaded to (most likely the desktop) and double-click the RDC_2.1.1_ALL.dmg file.
- You’ll now have a white volume on your desktop called RDC. Open this white volume if it isn’t already open.
- To install the application, double-click on the RDC Installer and follow the instructions to install the application onto your computer.
- You should now see the Remote Desktop Connection application on your dock.
How to connect from MAC OS X?
For Smartphone and Tablets we recommend:
- For Apple iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?mt=8
- For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.rdc.android&hl=en
Client can choose to use any other 3rd party application.
How to Optimize your Metatrader 4 Terminal (s)
This guide is to optimize your Metatrader 4 terminal(s) so it will use less computing resources – Memory (RAM) and CPU. It assumes that you are not trading manually on your MT4 as it will turn off some MT4 functions that will disable readings.
Step 1: Go to: Tools -> Options or CTRL+O.
Step 2: Reduce Chart Bars – Go to Charts -> Un-check all the options and change bars to “1”.
Step 3: Disable News – Go to Server -> Un-check “Enable news”.
Step 3: Disable MT4 Audio – Go to Events -> Un-check “Enable” and click “OK”.
Step 4: Hide all unnecessary symbols that you are now trading. Go to: Market Watch > Select the symbol > Right click and select “Hide”.
Step 5: Close all viewing feeds – Go to: View -> Turn off Market Watch or CTRL+M -> Turn off Data Window or CTRL+D -> Turn off Navigator or CTRL+N -> Turn off Terminal or CTRL+T.
Step 6: Close all unused Toolbars – Go to: View -> Toolbars -> Un-ticks Standard, Charts, Line Studies & Periodicity
Step 7: Close all unused charts – Only open chart that you are using for EA(s)/Indicator(s).
Step 8: Restart your MT4 Terminal
Now your MT4 Terminal is being optimized and it will look like this:
Step 1: Install the MT4 by double clicking on your broker MT4 Install.
Step 2: Sets an installation folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\HotForex MetaTrader – 2nd Account
Step 3: Set program group to HotForex MetaTrader – 2nd Account
You can give any name for the folder but make sure that the new terminals folder location does not exist yet.
How to autostart your MT4
Step1: Download and Install SetupAutoLogin.exe > http://forexverified.com/files/SetupAutoLogin.exe > Open SetupAutoLogin
Step2: Enter your VPS password and click “Do it!”
Step3: Locate to your Startup Folder > C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (copy and paste it)
Step4: Add Startup to Favorites (for easy access) > Drag and drop it onto Favorites
Step5: Locate to your MT4 terminal.exe > Right Click on your MT4 Icon & Terminal > Go to Properties > Open File Location
Step6: Create a shortcut on your terminal.exe > Drag and drop it onto Startup Folder
You can rename it for easy identification
If you have more than 1 MT4, repeat from Step 5 and 6 for your additional MT4
Step7: Do a reboot and test if Autostart work
How to transfer files from your computer to Trading VPS
Step1: Open Remote Desktop Connection on your PC by clicking on Start and Search for “Remote Desktop Connection”
Step2: Click on Options
Step3: Go to Local Resources and Click “More…”
Step4: You will find all of the available drives on your computer that can connect to your Trading VPS. Select a drive(s) that you want to share with your Trading VPS. After that click OK and Connect.
Once you have connected, go to My Computer on your Trading VPS System, there you will find the drive(s) that you have selected and you can start transferring your files.
How to change Administrator’s password on Trading VPS
Step1: Start > Control Panel
Step2: Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Accounts
Step3: User Accounts > Change account type
Step4: Manage Accounts > Administrator
Step5: Change an Account > Change the password
Please remember your new password!
FXSVPS will not store any of users’ new passwords. Please contact our live chat or support staff if you forgot your password. A password reset will be required if you lost it and it will take within 48 hours to reset the password.